Journey with us on a majestic steam train ride from a bygone era.
- 8th November 2020:
- Train departs Blenheim 09h20 ; Train arrives Kekerengu 11h45 ; Train departs Kekerengu 14h20 ; Train arrives Blenheim 17h10
The WWI Memorial steam locomotive was built in 1915 and later named the “Passchendaele”, in memory of the 1917 Battle of Passchendaele (New Zealand’s most costly battle in military history). The Marlborough Flyer consists of carriages from the same WW1 period.
Departure is from Blenheim Railway Station (now “The Wine Station”) which is conveniently located across the road from the i-Site in Blenheim (free on-site parking is available, or within walking distance from most city hotels).
The two-hour outbound journey from Blenheim winds its way through the Dashwood Pass and majestic Awatere Valley, taking in magnificent coastal views of the Pacific Ocean en route to Kekerengu.
Disembark in Kekerengu at “The Store” to enjoy leisure time, lunch, refreshments, or join a tour of the renowned WinterHome Garden (these optional extras can be added when making a booking).
The Marlborough Flyer then departs “The Store” in Kekerengu for the return journey back to Blenheim.
WinterHome Garden Tour – almost 10 acres of structured formal garden and park-like ground. Cost: $22 per person includes the return bus trip and entry fee to WinterHome garden.
Lunch Options at The Store, Kekerengu –
- Summer Luncheon Sitting 1. @ 12h20 $39 each
- Summer Luncheon Sitting 2. @ 13h20 $39 each
- Takeaway/Picnic Lunch $39 each
Each lunch will contain:
- Rare Roast Beef
- Champagne Ham
- New Potatoes
- Choice of Seasonal Salads
- Bread Roll
- Horseradish, Mustard and Mayo
- Choice of glass of Red or White wine